Archive for category Community

Interview with Thabang Mphatoe from our partner orgaisation SCORE. He is working beside others as a handball coach at the Franschhoek Valley Community Sport Centre. When and how did your relationship with Play Handball SA start? I got to know Play Handball in 2017. We had a volunteer from Play Handball based at our community […]

Interview with Thabang Mphatoe from our partner orgaisation SCORE. He is working beside others as a handball coach at the Franschhoek Valley Community Sport Centre.

When and how did your relationship with Play Handball SA start?

I got to know Play Handball in 2017. We had a volunteer from Play Handball based at our community sport centre. In this year we went with our team as well to the Supercup in Cape Town. At the handball tournament we got lots of information about environmental awareness and as well learned new things about coaching. After he left, I took over as a coach and that where the relationship between me and Play Handball started. (more…)

Read More
Using Sport to raise awareness for Climate Change! The PLAY HANDBALL Supercup is unique in its kind and is the first Handball & Environmental Tournament Series in South Africa. After two successful annual events in 2016 & 2017, with over a thousand children reached from both Cape Town and Johannesburg, PLAY HANDBALL ZA (PHZA), in […]

Using Sport to raise awareness for Climate Change! The PLAY HANDBALL Supercup is unique in its kind and is the first Handball & Environmental Tournament Series in South Africa.

After two successful annual events in 2016 & 2017, with over a thousand children reached from both Cape Town and Johannesburg, PLAY HANDBALL ZA (PHZA), in partnership with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS), hosted the PLAY HANDBALL Supercup 2018 on the 20th of October 2018 at the Sinaba Sports Stadium, Daveyton, Gauteng. (more…)

Read More